Sorensen Brother's Annual Uintah Pack Trip

Steve and his brother's have started a tradition packing into the uintahs every summer. Every year it seems to get a little more extravagant. Steve's pack was around 100 lbs we aren't really sure cuz it broke the scale. He is nuts!! He had everything under the sun in his pack including snorkel gear and 6 packs of frozen steaks. The pictures they took were so pretty. There is so much pretty scenery that I guess it makes up for all the hiking. I am not sure all what goes on on these trips but here are some pictures to capture some of it.....

All the boys.

Steve diving/flying off a rock, looks like cold water but he said "you get use to it"

Steve was quite proud of their "tree chopping" skills so I thought I would include these photos This is the before picture. (They only used a small ax/hatchet to chop it down. )

Almost there...

All the proud men after...

Every year I am just thankful Steve comes home safe and alive at the end of the week after all the stories I hear and seeing what kind of a pack he hauls in... Glad it's a guy thing. A little too much packing and hiking for me but it seems like they always have tons of fun.

1 comment:

The Painters said...

Man, sometimes I think guys are crazy for doing this kind of thing! Billy went scouting last weekend and his pack weighed about that much too, I made it about 20 yards with him and decided to stay at the wheelers! Now that the hunt is about to start I don't know if Billy will be around to hang out for awhile, but maybe we can go have a girls night one of these days.